A home is the safest place you can be. After all, that is where you overcome all the concerns of the outside world and the work pressure. However, many serious mishaps happen at home. Fire, burglary or any medical emergency are particular dangers at home.
There are a lot of things that can be done to improve the safety in your home. Given below is a home safety checklist that each individual must follow.
• Is lighting sufficient in areas like entrance, basements and stairways?
• Are staircases clear, with no items stored on them, even for the time being?
• Are there strong railings on all stairways, even in the basement and outdoors?
• Are stairs and floors in good condition and do not have torn carpet and loose tiles?
• Is your home protected by safety devices like Smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, carbon monoxide detectors etc.?
• Is all cabling in good state? Is wiring adequate for the electrical appliances used in the house, including computer equipment?
• Are any flammable liquids such as gasoline and paint thinner stored in covered containers, in well ventilated areas? Are they kept far away from sources of ignition, such as cigarettes and lighters?
• Are drawers and cupboard doors closed immediately after use to prevent accidents and head injuries?
• Are knives stored safely in a knife holder so someone will not fortuitously touch the blade?
• Is the house child safe? Are all medicines and cleaning materials stored well out of reach of children? Are electrical outlets covered by child-proof plugs?
If you find hazards while you are inspecting your home, get them corrected as soon as possible. If they require expert help, such as rewiring by an electrician, get the work done. In the end, make a regular safety review part of your family's routine!
However, you can get rid of all worries whether you are at home or away. Install Safeguard India’s security and alarm system and get protection from fire, intrusion and medical emergencies.
Safeguard India Home Pvt. Ltd. is an alarm company that deals in ‘Home Security Products & Monitoring Services’. Safeguard India is the only company in India to offer a state-of-the-art security and alarm systems. Our unique products not only secure the entry/critical points of the house/business establishment but also protect them against theft, fire and medical emergency.